Name change

After searching for the original title "Poetry from a small Island" it would apear there are lots of sites with that name. So i've changed it. I've also added a comment bar at the bottom of each post.

Friday 4 March 2011

YES, YES, NO



I must say yes just a little more
Saying no has become  a bore
Saying yes is amazing
I now have not one, but two double glazing

Yes has it drawbacks
As I am sure you will agree
Instead of buying one
You’re talked into three

An Indian gent was on the phone
He asked if the house holder was home
I had to say yes I could not pass
They are now installing natural gas

They gave me a voucher to spend as wish
I just had to buy a satellite dish
I said yes of course I did
I spent fifty pounds and I saved a quid

         I opened my mail as I do every day
I had to say yes what else could I say
An offer I couldn’t refuse
I’m now the proud owner of six pairs of shoes

Mail order is just such a boon
I’ve just bought myself a piece of the moon
I don’t have to pay for twelve months of course
It gives me time to pay off the horse


I bought a race horse for an incredible rate
They told me I was part of, a syndicate
The money I won would need a big bag
As it turned out I’d bought an old nag

A fool and his money are soon parted
I wish I was told this before I’d started
The future is bleak it’s been such a blow
So now in the future, I’ve got to say NO




In an age of call centre’s, telesales, cold calling salesmen, pressure selling, tactics to make you believe you can’t live without that particular gadget, how weak we have become.