Name change

After searching for the original title "Poetry from a small Island" it would apear there are lots of sites with that name. So i've changed it. I've also added a comment bar at the bottom of each post.

Monday 31 January 2011

WAYFARING



Ask me where have I been
Ask
 me what have I seen?
would you know the answer to that?
How many loads ?
On how many roads?
Can you tell me where I am at?
I’ve traveled so far
By following a star
So the answer must be clear
I’ve come many a mile
Without any style
But not without some fear
On desert sands
I've crawled with hands
Blistered with searing heat
I’ve endured marshes and bogs
Been attacked by dogs
But never admitted defeat
I’ve swum oceans and lakes
Been bitten by snakes
And felt the cold hand of doom
I’ve seen creatures so strange
And ecological change
That would fill your heart with gloom
But now I am home
No more yearning to roam
I'll sit and dream by the fire
its true I’ll forget
Some people I met
And some who will inspire
But in my dreams
It transpires it seems
That memories are made for sharing
So the more I tell
will encourage others as well
To take on a life of wayfaring