Name change

After searching for the original title "Poetry from a small Island" it would apear there are lots of sites with that name. So i've changed it. I've also added a comment bar at the bottom of each post.

Friday 4 March 2011

POOR LUING TOADS


Thousands of toads are killed on Luing roads every year, they are difficult to avoid whether on foot or in a car.

As I was walking down the road
I came upon a playful toad
I asked what did he see
These few words he told to me

Be wise my friend
But lets not pretend
I am not just any toad
      That you met upon this country road

Not wishing to be rude
And least of all considered a prude
I settled down to hear him speak
I was all ears, – for his mystique

But what he said I can’t reveal
As I was squashed by a big car wheel
A sorry tale that left me flat
An image altering squidgy type of format

Now you see said the toad
Just be careful on the road
Help to keep our pathway clear
Just slow down and change a gear

Remember page five of the highway code
It says you must not kill a toad
It doesn't really
(I just made that up)