Name change

After searching for the original title "Poetry from a small Island" it would apear there are lots of sites with that name. So i've changed it. I've also added a comment bar at the bottom of each post.

Wednesday 28 September 2011

THE EGOTIST


A diversion from the usual work, but sometimes you just have to say it.
Egotism is the anisthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.

No one loves an egotist
His world is self contented
 no one ever gets so close
His love is self directed
And if he ever tells you
Your wonderful to know
And how lucky you are
to be with him
Its time for you to go

How important  is he
I just forgot to ask
I suppose I didn’t notice
His head was up his ass
I do remember thinking
I Just forgot to tell
He said it was just wonderful
And what  a lovely smell

I love me ever so much
I could cover me with kisses
I think I would get married
 if I could be, my own Mrs.
 never miss  an opportunity
To tell the world you know
Just how important I've become
And I put on quite a show

If you want an Opinion
He’s got them made to measure
Nothing would delight him more
And give him so much pleasure
To have you think that your the one
That was doing all the thinking
And when its time to count the sheep
He’ll be  doing the bleating

As a frontline troop, he makes a stand
 the guns are loaded
Pen in hand
But when the  bullets start to fly
and his world is full of flack
One thing you can be sure
He will be standing at the back